Sunday, May 31, 2009

Heather's Wedding

This past Saturday, Ryan and I attended another wedding. This time it was a co-worker of mine's special day. Heather is a first year teacher at California. Last year she did her student teaching across the hall from me and we taught summer school together last year. This year, she is still across the hall and we are both 4th grade teachers. She has been talking about this wedding since I met her. She likes to do everything at once, because not only was she doing her student teaching, she was planning a wedding and building a house! Then, this school year, she was doing her first year of teaching, starting her masters, building a house, and planning a wedding! Did I mention she also coached volleyball. She is a busy little bee!

I was worried about this wedding though. Heather's soon-to-be husband, Rusty, is an avid hunter and she said the wedding was going to be camo. I didn't know how she was going to pull it off, but I must admit, she did with great elegance. The guys had camo vests and ties. The girls wore yellow dresses. Her colors were yellow and green. It really wasn't as camo-y as I expected. There were camo coolie cups at the reception as well and the bartenders were wearing their camo shirts as well. Heather made a beautiful bride. I hope her day was everything she expected it to be.

Here is a picture of 4 of the 5 4th grade teachers and our principal, along with Rusty.


The 4 of us later on.


We really have a good time together!

Ryan and I at the end of the evening! It only took 4 takes before he would take a good one!

No comments: