Sunday, June 14, 2009

Why don't men listen?

Why is it that men think they know it "all!" When obviously they don't and if they would just stop and listen, they might learn a thing or two. Let me tell you my story!


Ryan finally decided it was time to remove all furniture from Cash's room and paint this weekend! YAY! How is exciting right? You would think! Ryan and I went to Lowe's on Saturday morning to get the paint. Both Ryan and the guy behind the counter thought 1 gallon would be plenty. So, when we got home, I started getting ready to leave to go to a bridal shower for Trent's wedding and Ryan started emptying the room and taping. Mom and I were gone 4 hours. When I returned, Ryan was almost done trimming the ceiling and around the windows/doors, and baseboards. So, mom and I left again to go eat at Madison's. Upon my return home, I found my husband laying on the couch-so I knew that Cash's room was complete! I was excited and walked in to his room. IMMEDIATELY, I knew he was not done, but the room was clean and the tape was gone! It CLEARLY needed a second coat. There were spots all around that needed more paint on them and the back wall looked awful. Whole sections that needed to be repainted. I very nicely (seriously) went into the living room and said it needed a second coat. I realized he had spent all day on that room and was tired and his efforts were appreciated, but it wasn't complete. He argued with me about it for a while then got off the couch and went into Cash's room. he came out and said, he sees the wall that I am talking about and will fix it, but he is pretty much out of paint. I told him that the whole room needs it, not just the one wall. He said he would do it, but not today. Totally fine with that! It was 7:30-8:00 afterall!


Sunday, Ryan and I got up and watched a movie. Then, I started making a pot roast to through in the crock pot for dinner and Ryan came out of the bedroom dressed and ready to leave. He said he was going to get more paint! Hooray! Or so you would think! While Ryan was gone, Brice came home from his float trip. I told him that Cash's room was almost done and Ryan went to go get more paint, but I also told him that Ryan didn't think it needed a second coat, so we went in there. Brice asked, why doesn't he think it needs a second coat? Because clearly it did! About that time, Ryan came walking through the door. I cannot put into words the emotions I was feeling seeing what he was carrying with him! He had the nerve to go to Lowe's and buy 1 quart of paint! One Quart! Yes, you heard me correctly!!! I don't remember what my exact words were, but it was along the lines of not being able to paint the entire room with one quart! Brice just started laughing. He then told me that he wasn't painting the whole room over, only going over the spots that needed more coverage! I told him that when he goes over these places, they are going to dry and they will be noticeable because it's a new thing of paint and they aren't always the exact same color. I don't know how many times I told him, "You do a half-ass job, and you are going to make more work for yourself!" Well, he went to do the room after I complained and got nowhere. I went into Brice's room to complain and he just laughed and laughed!



About 20 minutes later, Ryan came in and asked me to look at the wall to see if he missed any spots. He had already used half of the quart for one wall-that was only half done! I still pointed out places along the trim and the ceiling. I asked him why he insisted on doing a half-ass job with this, because he never does half-ass jobs when it comes to electronics. I still wasn't winning. I went into Brice's room.



10 minutes later, Ryan came in and said, and I quote, "ok, so you are right. I need more paint!" Brice busts up laughing and I just sit there. He then preceeds to tell me that IIIII need to go to Lowe's and get a gallon of paint. Brice is in hysterics by now. I looked at him and said, "I told you-you do a half-ass job and you make more work for yourself! You go back to Lowe's." Well, he pretty much said he wasn't going back and if I wanted it done, I needed to go. The only thing Brice could do was laugh and tell me that Ryan had the leverage!

So, as I am heading out the door to Lowe's, Ryan tells me to get more tape too! I made my smart mouth comment about more work! He loves me! And I headed out the door. Ryan did tape the trim and everything again and painted the entire room-even the wall he just did with the quart of paint to make sure it all matched! I won!!!!

While he was putting the tape back on, I was in Brice's room typing this blog. Ryan came in and saw me and told me not to be writing about this on the baby blog. I told him, "I am not putting it on the baby blog." And I didn't! He then headed for me to close the computer, but I hit save quickly and exited myself. I love that this saves automatically. As he left, he said if I continue, he would just burn down Cash's room! RIIIGGHHHTT! So, I re-entered, again, he came in, but this time, tackled me, (but I closed before he could do anything) and his knee went right into my hip bone. I told him that I would just finish it today at work and that he was making things worse for himself because now, everyone will know he is tackling his pregnant wife.

So, that is my story! Cash's room is painted and ready for furniture and Ryan will probably not paint another room in that house again-and why would he-he only painted one room in our old house and had his mom help me from then on out because he hates it so much! I don't think I want him painting a room by himself again anyway! Sheesh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is some funny shit and alls I have to say is: YOU ARE THE FOOL THAT MARRIED HIM!!!!!!
Me and his Mom may have created that moster but you married him so you are stuck.
I agree with Brice that is some funny shit.. You should just be greatful that I don't live in JC then you may have me and Brice both living with you making fun of you.