Monday, June 22, 2009

Friend's Annual Camping Trip

WHAT A WEEKEND!!! I always look forward to the Friend's Annual Camping Trip. We always got to Lake Pomme de Terre in Hermitage, MO on the 3rd weekend of June. This year, the Allee's, Stokes', Christian's, and Terri came. I do believe this was the first year though that everyone took off on Friday and were all down by 2:00. The waverunner was taken out, the guys and Amanda and I went down and enjoyed the water, washers and hillbilly golf were played, and good conversation was taking place. It felt like a Saturday. That evening, we grilled and ate. Later on, at dark, the most annoying siren started going off. It was a tornado warning. We packed up everything that could get wet or blow away. Then, I think almost the whole park headed up to the bathrooms, including the Stokes', but the rest of us sat on the picnic table waiting for the warning to pass. We sat there having the most enjoyable conversation. Are you a prong of a fork or a gap? The warning passed and the canopy went back up and the chairs came out. Of course, the rain started as well. The Stokes' and Christian's went into the Stokes' camper, and the remaining 5 of us sat at the picnic table under the canopy. We had a wonderful game of never-ending Slap Jack. Warning-don't ever play with Josh if you want to keep your hands. Stephanie, Lori's cousin came walking up in the rain, with a plastic table cloth over her head and a sun viser on to keep the table cloth on to serve as a rain coat. WHAT A SIGHT! We then used Stephanie's table cloth as a wind block on one end of the table because it was blowing in rain. Ryan and Josh kept lowering the canopy. At one time, it was only about 6-12 inches about our heads! Great fun!!! The rain stopped and everyone gathered around the picnic table and the canopy was back to full heighth. Then the game of Asshole started. They all had great fun. I played with my Gatorade, but didn't have near the fun as the rest. You just can't have as much fun sober as a bunch of loud drunks.
Saturday, we had biscuits and gravy around 10:30-thanks Lori! and then started on another day of fun. We spent most of the day on the water. Nick (Lori's cousin) had his boat out and took Ryan wakeboarding and others tubing. Of course, Ryan left me behind, so I wasn't able to watch, but later on we all went out and I got some video of Ryan. I will upload later. Nick went wakeboarding and he is awesome. Jumping 4-5 feet in the air, clearing the entire wake of the boat! Beth and Terri went tubing. Poor, poor Terri! Never been before and went on her bottom. She looks like someone beat the crap out of her! We headed in again for Nick and Tara to eat dinner. After they ate, everyone except Josh, Chris, Ryan, and myself went back out so Beth and Amanda could try wakeboarding. Team Luebbert played washers against Josh and Chris. We creamed them in 2 games! 21-4 and 22-7! AND Ryan didn't carry the team thank you! I was told that Beth and Amanda were able to get up on the wakeboard, but not for long. But they got up! and that is what matters. We ended the day with tacos for dinner and winding down. It wasn't as upbeat as Friday night. The Stokes' and Christian's turned in early. The rest of us visited Lori's mom and later made smores. I had the pleasure to hear Lori's mom tell me what a wonderful person my husband is. He's cute, personable, honest, etc. She just loves him. Boy does he put on a show for her! :) After our smores at 12:30, the rest of us headed to bed.
Sunday morning, we all packed up and headed home for our Father's Day celebrations. I am looking forward to next year, as I do every year. Nothing beats hanging out with friends and just enjoying the day!

No comments: