On Sunday, I had my first baby shower, thrown by Ryan's sister, Roxanne, and his cousin, Kelly. It was very nice. The food was wonderful. I was very excited that Aunt Sis made some puke dip! It was my very favorite. There was lots of fruits, including watermelon :), dips, veggies, and a cupcake cake shaped like an umbrella. It was delicious. After we ate, we played 2 games. The first one was the little plastic babies in icecubes and the first one to get the baby out won. Of course, mom popped the thing in her mouth and crunched down with her teeth and was done in about 20 seconds! The second game was a bit more gross and I got to play that one. They had 5 diapers with melted candy bars in them and we had to guess what kind of candy bar it was. I got 3 out of 5 correct. I missed the Milky Way and Whatchamacallit. Who eats Whatchamacallits anyway? We don't even know their real name! :) The other 3 were Kit Kat, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Almond Joy. Then, we moved on to presents. Cash received lots of wonderful goodies. Ryan's aunt Kathy and cousin Tina embroidered a quilt with the ABC's on it. Ryan said it looked a lot like his when he was little. A friend of Ryan's mom's quilted a blue blanket, just big enough to lay over the car seat on windy or cold days. He got his walker, booster chair, umbrella stroller, diaper bag, car seat, and monitor as well. Of course he also got diapers, wipes, lotions, washes, blankets, and clothes. You can never have enough of those things! There were other items as well that will definately be needed that we appreciate greatly. Ryan and I both feel very lucky to be so loved and to have great family and friends that showered us with such wonderful things for our son. Thanks again to Kelly and Roxanne!
P.S. When I get some pictures, I will upload a few. My photographer (mom) needs to keep her day job. :) Still love her though!




4 comments:
sounds like you got some great things for Chase... baby showers are so much fun!!!
oops... I do that all the time with his name and Chase. I meant to say Cash...
I love Whatchamacallits!!! I use to eat them all the time when I was younger and get a craving for them every once in a while now too :)
Sounds like you had an awesome shower, I cannot wait for the one we are throwing next weekend for you :)
Where are those pictures? :)
Post a Comment