We played one game, which I thought I did rather well, but did not win. Taylor printed up 22 questions from nursery rhymes and the person who got the most right won. Boy if I couldn't remember the 3 men in the tub! I got 14 out of 22 correct. My cousin won with 16.
After the game, everyone munched on some good homemade cake, brownies, and fruit. It was delicious!
Afterwards, it was time to open presents. Taylor so nicely wrote down all my gifts for me, in between texting! (Thank you Megan for getting a picture of that!) (Megan, Taylor's friend used my camera today to be my photographer since I told mom she was not allowed to be my photographer anymore. Thank you Megan! The pics turned out great!) 

I received many wonderful gifts! I of course got some onsies, bottles, diapers, wipes, bath needs, lotions, etc. But I also got a few funny and memorable gifts. Janice's nephew married Christy a few summers ago, who happens to be a sister of one of my sorority sisters from Warrensburg-small world-made me a card with wonderful tidbits in it for me, (sleep when you can, enjoy the quiet moments, notice the little changes, have worksheets ready for school kids after a long night...lots of worksheets! (she's a teacher too)). She also got me some onsies, a book, and 5 diapers that she wrote on (You can go back to sleep soon, I may be stinky, but I'm cute!, Crying means I'm healthy! UGG!!, My gift to you Mommy!, and I smell like buttered popcorn). I thought those were great!

Janice's sister, Linda, got Cash his first Christmas ornament and a plaque for the wall with the poem, I see the moon... I have already found the perfect spot for it!

Janice finished up Cash's room by getting the picture frames, mobile, hamper, and diaper stacker. She also got Cash his first NASCAR onsie! Of course it was Carl Edwards! Janice's favorite!

Mom got me my baskets that match the bedding in Cash's room, the other roller shade, a carseat protector, and a poem that I need to frame entitled Mother's Heart. I am also to write Cash a letter, from his Mother's Heart and save for the future to keep as a keepsake.
My aunt Carla has never been known for making things easy. When I got married, at my shower, she wrapped up each individual cooking utensil, so when I grabbed one bag in particular today, I noticed how the ribbon made the bad hard to get into and immediately looked at her and asked if it was her doing. She looked shocked that I would even suggest such a thing! When I finally got into the bag and found the card, guess who it was from...yes, my aunt Carla. She then had several gifts inside, that were individually wrapped. She makes things difficult, but she loves me!

I also got Cash's travel swing, which is so nice and soft. Tracy said it was wonderful and hers is in the back of the van at all times.
As the shower was going on, Janice kept telling me that she really hoped it was a boy because I am going to have an awful lot of stuff to return if not. If Cash comes out a girl, I am going hurt her! I think I am going to have nightmares tonight!!!!Again, thank you to all for making today such a special day. Cash's room is coming together quite nicely and it wouldn't be possible without all of you!












No comments:
Post a Comment