I know I just said it Friday, but where does the time go? It is really hard for me to believe that a month ago today, Ryan and I were at the hospital where we just delivered our new bundle of joy. Everyone says, the time goes by fast and to cherish every minute. Well, I had no idea just how fast the time does go by. Before long he's going to be crawling, talking, walking, starting school, going to college, I have to stop! But I definitely am cherishing every moment I have with him. When I go back to work, it's really going to be hard to not be around and see him smiling in his sleep, cooing and squealing because he has something to say, and watch him as he learns and discovers new things. In his first month, he really has already had some big firsts that I will remember forever.
Friday night, Cash had his first bottle. It was really weird for me to be giving him a bottle. He took it really well though. Then he had his second bottle Sunday night. Ryan fed him this time, so that was definitely a first since dad doesn't have the capability to feed him without a bottle. :) Cash got his tummy full and was happy until it was time for his next feeding. Right now, he is getting a bottle at his
Saturday, Cash went on his first overnight away from home trip. Ryan's Aunt Sis and Uncle Bob are going to celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in December, so Kelly and her sister Tracy threw them a surprise party at the Theodosia Country Club this weekend. It is about a 4 hour drive for us to get there. Cash slept most of the way there. He woke up to eat, and went right back out. Bob and Sis were really surprised when they got to the country club. They had no idea this was in the works. Kelly and Tracy really pulled it off. For most of Ryan's family, this was their first meeting of Cash. Of course, they all thought he was just adorable and looked just like Ryan. He was passed around all evening into the arms of grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, great-aunts, great-uncles, and cousins. I must admit, this night was really kind of hard. I have never gone that long without being able to hold him when I wanted to, but I get to hold him all the time, so I let the other family members enjoy him. Cash finally crashed a little after 11 that night and still only woke up once in the night. Sunday morning, he was sleeping hard when it was time to leave the motel and meet the family for breakfast. When he finally did awake, I fed him and we left for home. Since he slept so hard Sunday morning, he was an hour off of his normal schedule, so he was still ready to eat all day at his normal times, even though he had just eaten. He has an internal clock of eating times! But he was able to stay content with his binky.
In 2 weeks, Cash will experience his first wedding. We will be traveling to KC Saturday to celebrate with one of my friend's from college. I am sure I will have pictures of this first as well.
Its About Time
15 years ago


Grandma Jeanette, Cousin Brenda, Mom, and Cash
Mom, Dad, and Cash
Sleepy Boy
I'm one month old today!
Smiling in his sleep
Uncle Brice and Howie watching tv












1 comment:
How fun, Kelsey! I am glad you are seeing that they are only babies for such a short, short time. We miss you here!
Post a Comment