Cash turned 2 weeks old Friday and had his 2 week dr. appt. When Cash was born, he weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. and 19 1/2 inches. His discharge weight was 6 lbs 11 oz. We had our first dr. appt on the Tuesday following his birth. He had gained a little weight and grew just a tad. He weighed 6 lbs 13 oz. and was 20 inches long. His head circumference was 34 cm. At Cash's 2 week appt, I was in shock. He has been spitting up a lot lately and I was afraid he wasn't going to gain much weight. Well, he has obviously been getting plenty to eat! He weighed 7 lbs 14 oz! He is now 21 inches long and his head circumference is 36 cm. Dr. Rogers said he would have been happy if Cash just weighed 7 lbs! He was very happy that Cash is getting what he needs. He goes back in 2 weeks for his month checkup.
I know I keep saying what a great baby Cash has been, but I just can't get over how easy he really is making this for us. I am truly afraid that here in the next few weeks he is going to prove us wrong and start making things a little bit more difficult. But, hopefully I am wrong in those regards. Cash is a very happy baby. He still doesn't cry, only fusses a little bit when waking up or when he gets his diaper changed and that cold wipe goes across his bottom. I have heard his lungs a couple times though. He hates sponge baths. Hopefully when he's ready for a real bath, he will enjoy those more since they will be in warm water and not on a counter with a draft.
The last two nights, Cash has only gotten up once in the night. He goes down around 10:00 and wakes up around 3-3:30 to eat and get a diaper change, and goes right back down. He then sleeps again until 6:30. I hope this is becoming a habit and not just a fluke.
I truly am loving every moment of being a mom. Cash has the cutest smile when he makes faces while he sleeps. I enjoy cuddling with him at different times during the day. I enjoy watching Ryan talk to him and hold him. It is the cutest thing!
Uncle Brice enjoys laying in his bed and having Cash lay on his stomach on top of him. He puts his hands right at Cash's feet and Cash pushes his entire body further up Brice's chest. Cash makes lots of grunts and groans as he works hard to get as far up as he can. He is going to be a strong boy! His neck muscles have been strong since he was born. He lifts his head any chance he gets. At 4 days old, he was getting his picture taken and he had his head lifted way up high.
Howie is still being a wonderful big brother. He checks on Cash when he starts to fuss to make sure he is ok. He likes to come up and sniff his when he's being held or in his swing or bouncer. Likes to give him occasional kisses. He's been a GREAT big brother. Howie has not been deprived of any love either. He still cuddles with Ryan on the couch and Brice on the couch or his Brice's room. He still gets pet and talked to. Things really haven't changed much in his day to day affections. He will always be loved and Cash doesn't seem to be cramping his style. :)
I am attaching a couple of pics from the past couple of days and a video. I hadn't realized how much he had changed since he was born until looking back at the pictures! Well, I have been trying to upload the video for 2 days, so I am finally going to publish without the video. Sorry!

















No comments:
Post a Comment